Expanding Your Career and Healthcare Opportunities (ECHO) is a comprehensive education and career planning system for mid-level healthcare employees. Participants are typically employed in an allied health “tech” or administrative role.
ECHO participants possess a desire to advance within your organization. Providing a professional development opportunity for this often-overlooked group helps you stand out as an employer who cares about everyone on the team.
- Build employee skills such as communications, teamwork, and initiative
- Increase loyalty, engagement, and retention
- Strengthen tuition reimbursement investments by having employees better prepared for post-secondary school
- Help you identify your emerging leaders and build succession planning
ECHO students already possess solid basic skills and computer proficiency. ECHO helps employees understand and become accountable the HCAHPS rating. It also introduces them to medical terminology, critical thinking, and problem solving. Your employees will gain skills necessary to improve in their current position, develop a personalized career plan, seek technical school or job advancement, and build the confidence needed to reach even further in their healthcare career.
Career & Learning Plan - A Bridge to Career and Higher Education
The Career and Learning Plan is a requirement of completion for SAW students. The (CLP) Center is a four-step career exploration process that is rich with resources to help your employees learn about themselves and the opportunities available within your organization.
Students explore their interests, strengths, values, and experience.
Customized Career Interest Survey
Jobs Database and Videos
Local School Search(This enables the student to identify their local options for obtaining that next diploma, certification or degree)
S.M.A.R.T. Goals(Students learn to use and will define SMART goals that will bring their career plan to fruition)
Using adult learning principles with a Blended Learning Model to overcome the unique obstacles of the student, ECHO has produced completion rates considered best practice in adult-learning. Its content delivery model has a unique set of features to encourage maximum learning and time for student discussion and learning practice:
- Combines Education & Career Planning
- Healthcare Specific Curriculum tailored to the Mid-Level Employee
- Cohort Learning Model
- Blended Learning:
- – Interactive Videos – educational topics, easily facilitated by an in-house educator
- – Online Modules –education reinforcement, career and learning plan activities
- – Workbooks – for classroom group and “Take It To Work” activities
- – Informational Interviewing and Job Shadowing – for career exploration
- Delivered in Physical or Virtual Classroom
- Train the Trainer model facilitated by your Education and Talent Acquisition Staff